Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Out of Touch

Sweet Mama of Judah, I haven't written in a long time. Sorry about that. I've been busy with rehearsals (coming along nicely...I'm getting very fitt) and writing Strange Dreams... (also coming along quite nicely...we will have music in our show, thanks to Ed and Steve).

The big news of the past two weeks is that a story of mine has been accepted for publication. On paper and everything. My story "Every Little Farm Girl Knows How to Fix a Tractor" will appear in the inaugural issue of NY Tyrant magazine. At the moment, I'm working with one of their editors to pare down and tighten the story. Suffice to say, I'm excited.

And with that little bit of news, I'm off to a Strange Dreams... meeting.

2 comments:

Carol Novack said...

hey i found your blog by doing the google on nytyrant. sounds like a fun piece and congratulations! i've sent them something, but i'm wondering what their taste is like -- it's far from mainstream. you'll find a link to my blog on blogspot & i can be contacted as nettlesomenell at yahoo dot com. i publish & edit a mag called Mad Hatters' Review (http://www.madhattersreview.com).

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what their tastes are, either, to be honest, but far from mainstream pretty well describes my writing.
-Matt