Monday, July 10, 2006

Before the Offer Expires

Hey all. I can't believe I almost forgot about this. Tantalus Theatre Group is running a promotional sale of T-shirts and sweatshirts. The shirt features the Tantalus logo on the front with our Web address on the back. Sweatshirts come both with hoods and without, as zip-ups and pullovers. E-mail me soon if you want to order one and I'll place an order with you. If you don't live in Chicago, don't worry. We can either mail it to you, or I can bring it back east with me when I visit this summer. Details for the order are below. I believe I need to get them in within the next couple of days. E-mail me if you're interested and I'll send you the information about the prices.

In other news, Strange Dreams... is almost finished. We run for two more weeks and then, poof! It's gone. I've considered going back to the original stories, though, as written and reworking them. There's a lot to Strange Dreams... and although a show about storytelling is very different than a book about storytelling, I think it could make a really good children's book. It has potential, anyway.

After this show closes, a long hiatus from the company is in order for me. Mostly for practical reasons--I can't study for the GRE and focus on getting into grad school at the same time as I focus on Tantalus. But it's also to give me time to think and to rest. We've been going through a lot of restructuring lately, rexamining our mission statement, and it's made me realize a couple of things. One of them is that I really do care a great deal about this company. It's been such a part of my life in the past three years that I have a hard time conceiving of what I did before I was a company member. The other is that, despite that, I may be in a very different place artistically than Tantalus is. I need some time to think about that.

No comments: