Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Can I Take the Physical Challenge?

As I've mentioned, I'm taking the GRE in a few weeks. I've been preparing for it, studying vocabulary, brushing up on my eighth grade math, panicking slightly. Mostly, I've been taking practice exams online and with my computer. This helps me to see my trouble areas in the math and verbal sections, but it doesn't help me with the essay portion of the test. I figure the only way for me to get better at the essay section is to write a lot of essays, so I'm asking for your help. Send me essay topics. They need to be phrased in the form of an argument (i.e., "The only way to really cut loose and have fun on a Friday night is by studying a nice stack of flash cards."), but other than that, I leave it up to you. I'll publish the resultant essays here.

The Tyrant Calls You...
The first issue of the NY Tyrant is out. Buy a copy and you can read my story, "Every Little Farm Girl Knows How to Fix a Tractor." You can get it via their Web site or, if you live in NY, at your local independent bookstore.

No comments: