Monday, May 21, 2007

My Doppleganger Returns

I found this comment from my Story blog a couple of weeks ago waiting for me when I came into work today:

Hi, I'm phil from England. I only discovered your writing last night and read solis Invicti straight away. I loved the writing. You have a real talent and I intend to find more of your work. You inspire me to keep going with mine. It was like a rush of sensory images that you couldn't help but be captured and enthralled by. I hope you've written lots!
-PGR

Suffice to say, I was flattered to get the fan mail. For a brief second, I joked with myself that I'm an international success, until I realized I'd never written a story called "Solis Invicti." So I googled my name and up came this. Which is, as I suspected, by The Other Matthew Rossi. So it seems he has surfaced again. Dr. Moriarty to my...um...similarly named Mr. Moriarty.

So, unfortunately, I can't accept the compliment, as it's meant for someone else. But Phil is right. It's a very good story.

No comments: