Thursday, August 05, 2004

Procrastination: the Gift of the Internet

I took three days off of work so that I could finish the second draft of a story, start the second draft of another, and maybe pick up the thread of my novel, which the general distractions of life and a bruised heart made me drop a few months back.

Instead, I spent most of yesterday and today procrastinating and being all around generally lazy. Of course, the day is young still, so it isn't all lost. And I have tomorrow and the weekend, but I still feel like a complete ass, having wasted yesterday and still sitting inside today, staring at my monitor. Somewhere out there, a muse is shaking her head woefully and rolling her eyes at the thought of me. Or else she's packing her things and going on a road trip to find someone more worthy of inspiration.

We all knew Brittany was up to something...
Among things I've found while wasting time today was Stairway to Heaven Backwards, which features exactly what it promises, and more: a backwards version of "Stairway to Heaven," as well as several other pop songs, exposing their hidden lyrics. The hidden lyrics to "Stairway" are actually kind of sweet and soulful. I mean, they're about Satan, yeah, but they're still really lovely--they show a side of the Dark Lord that you don't often see in Satanic lyrics. Brittany Spears' secret lyrics are somehow not at all a surprise, but they're interesting nonetheless.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The funny thing here is, now everyone is tempted to buy a copy of the Britney album to find out for themselves if it is true, which would drive up her net worth and probably get her another product endorsement for cherry lipstick or crock-pots. Hum...I wonder who really established that website????

Posted by Beth Howie

Matthew Rossi said...

Thanks, Sam. That was it, more or less, in a nutshell.