Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Good and Bad News for Lesbians

Have I mentioned that Bonnie and Darcy have blogs, now? Well, they do. And they are listed in my sidebar. Bonnie's blog is called Ogle My Blogspot, which is kind of lewd. Hey baby, where's your blogspot?

Why, it's in my right frontal lobe, you old cad.

The bad news is, we have a new pope. This guy. He's kind of evil and decrepit looking, and is supposedly very conservative, which puts you out of the running for the job of pope in my book, but then what do I know?

This Easter, a few of us went to Easter vigil at a gorgeous bascilica near my office. The service was fun, all full of ritual and incense and other good things that I love, until it got to the part where the priest says a prayer and then everyone says "Lord, hear our prayers," and the priest said:

"Lord, put an end to abortion, euthanasia, and all of those ungodly experiments."

Then there was a moment of "Holy Shit! We're surrounded by the enemy!" from my end of the pew.

"Lord, fuck that prayer," said my friend Tiffani.

Best new comic I have found: Cat and Girl. It's great. And completely open about the fact that it's a Calvin and Hobbes derivative.

Kudos to the Wikipedia for having the article about PB16's election to the papacy up about 15 seconds after it happened. My guess is that they have advanced time-travel technology at their disposal. Most likely a time popsicle.

6 comments:

bonnie said...

incorrect.

my new blog is:
newcongregation.blogspot.com

ogle my blogspot is a side effect of my new blog.
its now put out by team ogle my blogspot

(which granted, so far is just me and darcy... but... soon it will grow and we will be unstoppable)

bonnie said...

and by the way.

"time popsicle" would be a great name for a band. or a novel. or another blog.

Anonymous said...

So it turns out I got the idea for time popsicles from Duck Tales. There's an episode in which they go back in time using a machine powered by popsicles. So what do you know? They weren't just something I made up.

Bonnie: personally, I'm more fond of Ogle My Blogspot than the other, so I choose to recognize it as your blog. In the same way the U.S. chose to recognize Taiwan ad the real China for a lot of the Cold War.
-Matt

bonnie said...

Matt:

Well that is all good and find, but please change to link to say: ogle my blogspot and not my name then.

thank you.

bonnie said...

good and find? what does that mean.

hmph! meant to say "good and fine"

SJ said...

I vaguely remember that episode of Duck Tales. I've been picking up VHS tapes of Duck Tales cartoons at comic conventions for the last two and a half years--still need to get around to watching them, though. If the episode had dinosaurs, then I have it on VHS.