Friday, May 13, 2005

Happy Belated Birthday Joseph Beuys

My favorite artist that Cat and Girl have taught me about is Joesph Beuys, who, according to the sources I looked up, was once lost for dead in the Himalayas and saved and revived by sherpas wielding yak fat. Consequently, a great deal of his work utilized yak fat as a medium. Which makes me wonder if the works of Joseph Beuys actively reek in museums. Is the Joseph Beuys wing of the museum kept separated and hermetically sealed?

Anyway, happy belated birthday Joseph Beuys. I wish I had known it was yesterday. I'd have smeared myself in yak fat, just for you.

Ian pointed out to me that I still have one rule of auditioning to break: performing in an accent. Consequently, I will be performing Titania as an effeminate German.

"Zese are ze forgeries af jealousy. Ja!"

No comments: