Sunday, May 15, 2005

Spend. Spend! NOW!

I had my audition earlier today, and I think it went well. I walked into the space with the usual jitters and nerves, which kept up until it occurred to me that I was actually just standing in my frined Sheila's house, waiting to audition for a few people I knew. From that point on, it was just another performance for some friends.

We will see what comes of it.

Conceptually, the show seems amazing. The three worlds of the play (the fairies, the lovers, and the rude mechanicals) are divided up among three different directors to create three distinct styles for each. I'm angling for the fairies, whose world is going to be voodoo style. Love it.

Ian and I are talking over instant messenger, and he directed me to the Tantalus Theatre Group store over at Cafe Press. Now for $16 dollars, you can support a good cause and get a spiffy hat out of it, too. Join up. Become our biomechanical billboards.

And it turns out The Adventures of Fetus Joe were never in danger. Sam just was being a rascal. The next day, Episode 13 showed up in my inbox, and today this challenge appeared:



You heard the man, start producing some cartoons. I know I will be.

And that's that. If anyone is in the vicinity of Wicker park tonight at 7, there's a show going up there. Even, I think, if it rains.

No comments: