Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Performance Painting

Bonnie just added me as an administrator to OgleMy.Blogspot (which is not officially her blog, per se, so much as it is an online repository for randomness). So I'm adding that to the sidebar.

I'm also adding Ursula Rauh, who is the sister of one of my cast mates from Ragnarok. Ursula is a performance painter (which means exactly what the term implies: she paints as part of a performance; usually music, if I understand correctly), and a damned talented one, too. That is to say, I am fond of her work.

My disappointment over Midsummer Night's Dream was short-lived.
That's not entirely true, but it sounds nice.

I officially have a guerilla theatre project of my own devising going up this summer. I've always found a great deal of value in those moments when life turns a little surreal for a short time--because something out of the ordinary happens, or because I've passed by an extraordinarily beautiful scene, or what have you. Those moments are great. They lighten the day, break routine in half, send me elsewhere with my life. I love them. So Tantalus is taking Chicago as our set this summer with the purpose of creating those moments for other people.

We'll be performing around the city for most of the summer, as well as the Abbie Hoffman Festival and, hopefully, Around the Coyote.

No comments: