Thursday, June 02, 2005

Again with the Foolish Mortals

Slide is coming along well. As I just said to my friend Sue, I honestly didn't think that it was possible to mate Upton Sinclair's The Jungle with Hair. But somehow we did it. Like a freakish literary genetic experiment gone horribly awry, Slide combines grim commentary of the postindustrial urban immigrant experience with happy hippy rock in a weird, but oddly refreshing cocktail. That's if you're making mixed drinks out of genetic experiments.

And I've been cast in Midsummer Night's Dream. The director e-mailed me a couple of days ago to tell me that an actor dropped out and would I like to step in for him. Yes. Yes, I would. So I'm playing Bottom in Misummer Night's Dream in the parks. Which is exactly what I wanted to do this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! :)

Though I guess this means you won't be gracing New York with your bad self this summer. :(