Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wherein I apologize for not updating without actually saying "sorry"...

I woke up today feeling like something that had been terribly out of place was finally back in order. Like the tumblers on some giant cosmic lock had turned and rolled into alignment and suddenly I, and maybe all the world, could move forward again. I rode the train to work with the "Let the Sunshine" part of the "Age of Aquarius Suite" playing in the iPod in my head and imagined the city ripped asunder while it played. Which is what I always imagine when glorious, highly choral songs play in my head. I think because I imagine if there is a God who might come to end the world, the banner her armies carry will have be of such undeniable beauty that we all must accept that the world's end is for the best.

Only the artists will survive the rapture.
Only those without a sense of beauty will fight it.

Right. Back to the mundane.

Misummer Night rehearsal is proceeding well. Last night was the first actual run-through of this three-director play, and to everyone's surprise, chaos did not ensue. In fact, what we have shaping up for our opening on Saturday is a really good play. For my part, I'm glad to have had the opportunity presented to me. It's been a long time since I've done a play written by someone other than my friends or myself, and it feels good and challenging to have this work to do.

As I said, we open Saturday, June 25 at Ravenswood Manor. All are welcome. It's a free show. The other shows are at different parks around town. I'll post a schedule here just as soon as I have it.

No comments: