Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I...um...Wow..You What?

I found this through one of the absinthe forums I'm on. One of the members of the forum is creating an Egyptian-style mummy out of a chicken. I'm torn between horror and morbid fascination. Actually, I'm torn between morbid fascination and sarcasm, as I keep trying to find an appropriate mummy's curse joke and just can't seem to place my finger on it. I know there's one in there somewhere, but like the tomb of King Tut, it eludes me.

Quick, somebody, draw me a cartoon or something to express the appropriate joke!

Announcement...

I braved the bitter cold to go see my friend Molly perform as the featured poet at the Funky Buddha Lounge on Monday. I've mentioned Molly on this blog before. She's an exceptionally talented poet and gives a mean performance and I told her so. She asked me to plug this, so here you go:

I've joined a writing ensemble here in chicago. We
have a show put together about chicago, and it's
amazing. For now we're going as The No-Name
Ensemble, because we've been so busy with
everything else...that well, that got left behind.
We'll be the feature at The Green Mill on Sunday,
December 11th. The open mic starts at 7, feature
at 8, and slam at 9. It's $6 at the door. You can
see the sign from the Lawrence stop on the Red
line. It's going to be an amazing show!
We'll also start a monthly show at Martyr's starting
Jan 3rd.
I hope to see y'all there!

Incidentally, they're currently performing as the No-Name Ensemble. I don't want to talk for Molly but I bet anyone who could find them a name would get smooches or something for it. I suggested the Spoon River Ensemble. There were no smooches for me. But do go see them if you're in Chicago. They're really good, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't like slam poetry.

No comments: