Wednesday, February 01, 2006

To bury the hatchet...

This comment appeared in response to my ICM post of a few months back, and since that post is way far back in time, in the interest of presenting both sides of the argument, I thought I'd bump it up to the front:

I've been living in an ICM property for a few years and have had nothing but a great experience with these guys. While I have had a few maintenance issues during that time they have always responded promptly to my requests. When my fridge broke I had a new one in 3 days. The one time my hot water went out they had someone by to fix it that same day. I have recommended a few friends to ICM as well and they have all been very happy with their apartments.

I've heard other people have good experiences with ICM, but I just didn't. In my experience with them, they rarely made repairs in good time (when I left my apartment, the gaping hole in the close floor that they continually said they'd repair was still there) and their mode of doing business was at best unprofessional (they never once returned a phone call from me to let me know it was received or to tell me when their workmen would be over), at worst bullying and rude.

To their credit, however, after I moved out, they returned my entire deposit with interest, which is more than any other landlord has done. Their business manager even called me to apologize that they had misplaced the SASE I had sent and to tell me the check was on its way. Had the rest of my dealings with them been so professional and polite, I would probably still be in my apartment with them.

No comments: