Wednesday, November 03, 2004

It's two thirty in the morning, and the map is bright red and my hopes for an American election going smoothly are slowly whittling away. What the fuck is up with you, Ohio? The economy is shit. Your people are in jeopardy and it was largely the fault of the smirking monkey. Why haven't you comprehensively get rid of the bastard?

It's been 249-225 for at least an hour. Don't know if I'll be in work tomorrow. I suppose I have to, but it's really dragging on. Longer than I thought, but I don't know why I'm surprised. I can't sleep until it's over. Bonnie and Darcy are hosting and I think they're worried, and rightly so, and so am I.

Fox declared Ohio hours ago, but it isn't decided. It's 2:30 and it isn't decided. Fox is fucking shit.

I'm glad I don't have a television so I couldn't be watching this alone at home. And I'm glad that I'm here with friends who I want to be here with, otherwise I don't know if I would have the means and will to stay up watching this. But I want to watch. I have to watch. This is a moment in the history of my nation. If they take this one, what then? Anyone can do it, if they can do it twice.

Off to make tea and then spend some time with my friends.


No comments: