Friday, November 12, 2004

Pranking Steve

I received this in my mailbox today:

Hey, I'd like to enlist your help for a project I'm working on. Okay, it's more of a prank than a project, but with the best of intentions. Here goes: I am currently working at a company called Wextrust. Everyday, for the past two months, Steve has called and asked for Patty to sign his 401K form. And everyday, Patty blew him off. Till today, when his persistence paid off. He showed up here at office, she signed it, he did a little dance. So here is my plan: I'd like to get as many people as possible to send him a congratulatory email. The more people the better. Just let him know that he's a good man and your thoughts and prayers have been with him. And if you want to pass this on to anyone, feel free. But, I'm guessing it's only going to be funny for the next day or two.

CONTACT STEPHEN AT saffarewich@yahoo.com

I'm generally a fan of a good joke, and I'm always a fan of anything that makes someone's life just a little strange for a few days, so I sent Steve a letter as Rev. Matthew Rossi, explaining that my church's congregation has been praying for him and that he's inspired my next sermon.

I recommend you send him e-mails, too. It's great fun and will make his life delightfully weird. Also, he's an improver, so he's trained to handle these situations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so this is why you asked about signing forms. :p

My gift to you: Tofu Tetris. http://www.tofu-oyako.com/game/game.html

And the main site: http://www.tofu-oyako.com/

~Kim