Monday, October 03, 2005

Done!

Blogger just ate the blog entry I spent the past hour or so crafting out of blood and sweat (and pixels). I don't know why Blogger chooses to do this from time to time, but I can only assume it has good reasons. And that one day I will be wise enough to understand them.

I don't think I have it in me to re-create the entire entry over again, so I'll just summarize the major points in list form.

1) I'm done moving. It was harrowing, but I'm done and ready to get started making my apartment look like a place someone lives.

2) Bonnie and Darcy moved off to New York. I'll miss them immensely, but at the same time this is sort of a changing of the guard for me. It's like getting a friendship haircut.

3) Something dealing with the Jurassic era and the Paleocene Epoch. Also mentioned was the Jurassic-Tertiary Extinction Event.

4) Saw Serenity on Saturday. It's wonderful and very satisfying. Go see it.

5) Also saw Mirrormask this weekend. It's slightly less wonderful and satisfying, but it's beautiful to look at and worthwhile. Go see that, too.

6) (an addendum added for the purposes of this list) Went and bought books before seeing Mirrormask. Among them was Anansi Boys, which is good, but the real excitement is Glass Soup. I burped a little bit in excitement when I saw that on the shelf. Can't wait to read it.

No comments: