Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A Few Things Neither Here Nor There

Ian sent me this today:

Power to the people.
After
informing CTA brass about U.S. Cellular's annoying and ultimately illegal guerrilla marketing campaign on CTA trains and other property, the CTA "spoke with a US Cellular representative today and also with someone from the ad agency to let them know that we don't allow this type of solicitation. The US Cellular rep said they would stop immediately. "

Which is good news on the not-letting-corporations-advertise-intrusively front, but is bad news on the army-of-people-in-cat-eye-glasses front. I had so been looking forward to my army. Still, it's good to know CTA responds to people when they call and complain. We should have thought of that a while ago:

"Hi, CTA?"

"Yes?"

"Stop righteously sucking."

"Oh! Sorry...we'll get on that."

"Thanks."

But the guerilla theatre keeps flying forward, surprisingly for a project I had more or less abandoned back in September (abandoned isn't the right word for it...we just ended our run). Yesterday while at "The Monday Show", my friend Chris introduced me to the man in charge of the Halloween parade and festivities on Halsted street. We talked briefly about guerilla theatre action (which it turns out is how he originally became the man in charge of the Halloween parade and festivites on Halsted street...by ganking control through guerilla action) and about his plans for this year's parade. And then he invited me to take part and perform something guerilla of my own. So I guess I'm going to be in a parade.

I have a few ideas of what to do based on what he told me about their theme this year, but nothing set in stone. Nothing definite. Mostly, it depends on who I can get to participate with us. But oh...it's gonna be fun.

No comments: