Monday, November 14, 2005

After This, Some Dreams of My Own

Sitting at home with a glass of absinthe, hoping that will help bring a nice deep sleep on.

I just got back from watching Moving Dock's production of Einstein's Dreams. By and large, I found the production a bit sleepy, but there were some moments of great imagination and some bits of nice staging, such as the world in which time changes very slowly, which featured actors moving in unison to a metronome.

The highlight of the evening was the reception and talk given by Alan Lightman beforehand, which was just plain fun because I've been wanting to meet him ever since I read the book in high school. I'm always amazed when I see amazing writers, because by and large I always expect great writers to be very dominating, and by and large they are always very giving, humble people.

Anyway, it was great to hear the man talk. And apparently I hung on his every word. But what wonderful words to hang on.

Sleep now.

I have Internet access at home, now, as evidenced by the fact that I'm writing this just before bed. That means nothing, really, in the grand scheme of things. Except that if you write to me at midnight, I'm fifty percent more likely to write back at 12:05. It also means that I can take my time on blog entries, so I can edit them for quality and the like.

Right. Definitely sleep now.

Next time: Internet games and resurrections from the past.

No comments: