Saturday, May 13, 2006

Opening Night

The Prometheus Myth officially opened last night to a good audience and much applause. I brought some absinthe with me afterward to share with the cast, and it was met with much curiosity and interest. Its possibly my favorite thing about my hobby--sharing absinthe with people who haven't ever had a chance to try it before.

Maybe it's the fact that today is rainy and grey and I'm a bit hungover from last night's cast party, but there's a twinge of melancholy that comes with the opening of a show like this. A bit of advanced nostalgia. I've gotten attached to this group of people, which tends to happen with a long and intense rehearsal process. I've sweat with them, moved with them, literally carried all of them at one point or another on my back. And they've done the same for me. I'll miss this crew. Hopefully I'll see them all frequently when all this is over.

In the meantime, there's twelve more shows to do. Come see an amazingly talented group of people nail Prometheus to the wall. Or rock, as the case may be.

  • May 12 - May 28, 2006
  • Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays 8:00PM
  • Sundays 5:00PM
  • $12 suggested donation
  • $10 students and seniors

No comments: